Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Share Child Account Issue

I have set up Family Share using myself as the adult with credit card and added three children all with exact same settings. Two of the child accounts are fine. They show the family account in settings and can access purchased material through the App Store. The third doesn't show as part of the Family and shows payment info. Is there an easy change in settings I can apply or do I need to delete and add account again?

Posted on Dec 26, 2014 1:23 PM

1 reply

Dec 28, 2014 9:50 AM in response to oobeto

Hi there oobeto,

From what you describe it sounds like you may need to invite the 3rd account to join Family Sharing. This section of the following article should help you out:

Start or join a family group using Family Sharing

Invite people to join your family

Use these steps in iOS 8:

1. Go to Settings > iCloud > Family > Add Family Member.
  2. Enter your family member's name or email address.
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions. After you send the invitation, you can check its status under the person's name in Settings > iCloud > Family.

Use these steps in OS X Yosemite:

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud.
  2. Click Manage Family.
  3. Click +, then follow the onscreen instructions.

You can also use these steps to create an Apple ID for a child and add them to your family group. When you create an account for a child, you must use a credit card as the payment method as part of providing your parental consent. After you create the child's Apple ID, you can change your payment method back to a debit card if you choose.

Join a family group

You can accept or decline an invitation to join a family from you iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. If the invitation is sent to your email address, you can also respond right from your email. To accept an invitation in iOS 8, go to Settings > iCloud > Invitations. In OS X Yosemite, choose Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud > Manage Family. Then follow the onscreen instructions.

Here's what you'll be asked to do when you join:

• Confirm your Apple ID and password.
  • Choose if you want to share your content and which iTunes Store account you want to share from.
  • Choose if you want to share your location. If you agree, your location can be displayed on family members’ devices in Find My Friends and Messages, and the location of your shared devices will also appear on family members’ devices in Find My iPhone.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

Family Share Child Account Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.