Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 plus Back Camera NOT Focusing, Blurry Pictures

Product Specs: iPhone 6 plus (iPhone 7,1), 64GB, Serial Number: FK*******5QK, iOS 8.1.2, product version: 12B440

The Problem: After I did the latest update 8.1.2, the Back Camera does not AUTO FOCUS any picture, Its very Blurry, I cannot even take close upon the face pictures.

I have already tried Restoring to Factory Settings, Cleaning the lens, Shutting it down for 5 days, not opening the camera for 5 days, even tried to downgrade, but obviously you cannot downgrade to a lower version of the software. NOT WORKING.

<Edited By Host>

iOS 8.1.2, iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Dec 26, 2014 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2014 1:23 PM

I'm afraid you'll have to get it serviced, could also be hardware related.

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

9 replies

Dec 27, 2014 11:12 PM in response to cfunez79

I have an appointment on Apple Store for the same issue,... My camera setting is not doing the auto focus that causes or produces blurred pictures. The rear camera is kinda doing fine, but the front camera is not. I have initial appointment last Friday, and told me to back up all my files first, since I have consumed gigs mostly to pictures....

THey said they will try to replace the camera in 20minutes time and if it doesn't work, they will replace it with a new one. Same thing, I just upgraded the IOS last Dec 23rd....

KIndly update me with your case, so I know where I should stand too with this kind of issue. I hope it's not the refurbished one that I will get from them....

Jun 4, 2015 8:37 PM in response to cfunez79

Im sure you fixed this but for all who follow:

My iPhone 6Plus eventually suffered the same problem after 8 months of use. You can solve the problem temporarily by thumping with a flick of your finger near the camera on your phone. This is just a temporary fix that can last over several shots or only after one shot. However, it does point to a mechanical rather than software problem.

After a quick call to Apple repair support, I found I wouldn't have to make a 2 hour trip to the nearest Apple Store nor have to give up my phone use. Since I've Apple Care agreement and because the phone is still under warranty, Apple is sending a new phone to me. I'll send my old phone to them once I've shifted over to the new device. No charge save a "hold" placed on my credit card until they receive the old phone.

Ill let yawl know if it works out as planned.

iphone 6 plus Back Camera NOT Focusing, Blurry Pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.