Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rescue email

I feel like an idiot when it comes to this. I made my account when I was younger and got my first iPod. I mistyped my rescue email into a****@gmail.con. Notice the n at the end. Is there a way for Apple to change that to an m? I have the account info. I just need that to be change in order for me to reset my security questions.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 27, 2014 12:43 AM

2 replies

Dec 29, 2014 6:14 AM in response to Apowpow

Hey there Apowpow,

If I understand correctly, you are unable to answser your security questions as outlined in the following article. Check out this link for just that contingency from within it:

If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions

If you couldn't send a reset email, don't have a rescue email address, or can't access email at your rescue email address, contact Apple Support. Apple may ask you to generate a temporary support PIN to verify your identity. After you reset your security questions, you might want to update your rescue email address.

If you have trouble remembering your security questions, you might want to set up two-step verification. With two-step verification, you don't need security questions to secure your account or verify your identity.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

Rescue email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.