Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hot spot is missing

After upgrading my I phone 5 S to 8.1.2 my personal hot spot is missing..

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 27, 2014 6:04 AM

1 reply

Dec 29, 2014 6:57 AM in response to Farrukhm

Hey Farrukhm,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you update iOS and not Personal Hotspot is missing. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help you isolate or resolve the issue.

iOS: Troubleshooting Personal Hotspot - Apple Support

1. See if your iOS device, computer, and wireless plan all meet the system requirements for Personal Hotspot.
  2. Make sure Personal Hotspot is on: Tap Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot.
  3. Check the Internet connection on your iOS device: Tap Safari and load a new webpage.
  4. If one connection type doesn't work, try another. For example, instead of connecting using Wi-Fi, use USB or Bluetooth.
  5. Turn Personal Hotspot off and on: Tap Settings > Personal Hotspot or Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot.
  6. Install the latest version of iOS.
  7. Reset your network settings: Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
  8. If you still see the issue, restore the iPhone.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a great day,

Mario

Hot spot is missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.