Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot check or uncheck podcasts in Itunes 12.

I am having trouble checking and unchecking podcasts when I want to sync my ipod. Usually I have to check the box beneath the one intended. Often can't uncheck a podcast at all, or another completely random box will check when I check a certain box. Does anyone have a solution to this? I never had this problem until I "upgraded" to Itunes 12.

iPod nano (3rd generation), Windows 7

Posted on Dec 27, 2014 8:11 AM

10 replies

Jan 24, 2015 10:43 AM in response to Layton-B

Same problem. Checks the box above then wont uncheck bottom box.

Have an ipod with hundreds of episodes. Only use ipod for podcasts and now it is virtually useless.

I even tried wiping all apple products from my computer, reinstalling all my apple products, resetting my ipod to factory settings (which seems to be the only way to start again with the rogue individual episodes that itunes wont unsync).

Feb 9, 2015 7:34 PM in response to Layton-B

I have had this same problem since ITunes 11. When I click the podcast I want to add, the button above that podcast is clicked instead. If there is only one podcast available, it will not click on that button at all. I have been clicking the podcast button under my device, clicking add, and dragging them over manually. However, due to continued syncing problems, I have to plug and unplug my iphone at least three times for it to work. I also have to reset my iphone. I have had this clicking problem since before the IOS change so that is not the problem. The syncing problems started with the IOS change. The last time I was able to sync podcasts normally was iTunes 10. I have an iphone 5.

Jun 25, 2015 3:04 PM in response to Layton-B

Itunes Podcast Bug for Windows:

If you have Windows and love Podcasts like I do, please weigh in and tell Apple about it!

Are you telling me the brightest at APPLE can't figure how to select and deselect a box for Podcasts?!

I love Podcasts and I like iTunes - but honestly, I'm thinking of looking for alternatives at this point.

I cannot check or uncheck podcasts in Itunes 12.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.