Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transfer itunes library to new surface pro 3

I have a vintage iPod classic. I'm trying to transfer my itunes library to a new Pro 3. Synced the ipod to my list on my old Dell. Plugged the pod into the surface. It is recognized, but I can't seem to get it to export to the Pro 3 or the Pro 3 to import.

iPod classic, Windows 8, Surface Pro 3

Posted on Dec 27, 2014 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2014 9:57 AM

Even assuming you have iTunes installed on the Surface, syncing is only one way, from iTunes to the iOS device.

Yiou cannot extract music from an iPod directly.

If your iTunes library is up to date on Your Dell computer, you can transfer that to the Surface by whichever procedure Microsoft has enabled to upload files not it.

You may need to ask on a Surface Pro forum or Windows forum for exact steps on how to do that.

How to move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2014 9:57 AM in response to car707

Even assuming you have iTunes installed on the Surface, syncing is only one way, from iTunes to the iOS device.

Yiou cannot extract music from an iPod directly.

If your iTunes library is up to date on Your Dell computer, you can transfer that to the Surface by whichever procedure Microsoft has enabled to upload files not it.

You may need to ask on a Surface Pro forum or Windows forum for exact steps on how to do that.

How to move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Support

transfer itunes library to new surface pro 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.