Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my phone map has blank areas

The map in 'Find my phone' has blank areas in a square formation. How do I get rid of these blank areas?

iPhone 5

Posted on Dec 27, 2014 11:23 AM

11 replies

Dec 29, 2014 9:38 AM in response to balloon1

Hi balloon1,

The maps used by Find my iPhone may have areas that are incomplete. See this article -

iCloud: Locate your device

Specifically -

Note: Maps and location information depend on data collection services provided by third parties. These services are subject to change and may not be available in all geographic areas, resulting in inaccurate or incomplete maps or location information.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Apr 17, 2015 8:21 AM in response to macsnowy

Thanks! Changing the zoom to 100% did the trick. What an inconvenient "undocumented feature" that either 1) Apple should fix so that Find My iPhone works with different zoom levels within browsers or 2) Apple notifies everyone that the zoom level can't be any higher than 100% in order for the map display correctly. Preferably #1.

May 15, 2015 11:03 AM in response to balloon1

Sometimes if I change the zoom on the browser to 100% then use the + or - on the map to zoom it works (for a bit). Once broken it's hard to force a reload, but every now and then it does work. At 1st I blamed chrome, because firefox seemed to work, then that broke and chrome was better. It works fine from Safari on the phone, which would be great, if I wasn't trying to find the phone.

Find my phone map has blank areas

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.