Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove the virus Trojan.Gen.2?

How do I remove the virus Troja.Gen.2 from my Mac Book Pro with Yosemit? The cursor move around the keyboard by itself, my full system scan by Norton failed, a quick scan detect this virus, please help.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 27, 2014 10:06 AM

8 replies

Dec 28, 2014 5:39 AM in response to Meko0818

As the others have indicated, Norton is no good on the Mac. It is well-known for causing performance and stability problems, and its detection of Mac malware is only mediocre. The anti-malware features built into Mac OS X do a better job of detecting Mac malware right out of the box than Norton does. Uninstall it.

As for the malware, that's Windows malware that cannot affect your Mac in any way. Assuming it's even actual malware, and not a false positive on the part of Norton. You should not remove it using Norton or any other anti-virus software. For proper removal, see:

How to remove infected files

(Fair disclosure: I may receive compensation from links to my sites, TheSafeMac.com and AdwareMedic.com, in the form of buttons allowing for donations. Donations are not required to use my site or software.)

Dec 29, 2014 4:54 AM in response to thomas_r.

Thanks for the replies, contacted Apple support, allowed remote access from them, I was advised to take my Mac into an Apple Store, telep tech support says they have never seen anything like what I have on my compute, it was opening up apps, snatching pages from me, shaking my screen, and fighting against me with the cursor. Honestly I'm glad they were able to access my computer because to anyone else I would just sound completely crazy. I will let you guys know what happens.

Dec 29, 2014 8:00 AM in response to Meko0818

Meko0818 wrote:

it was opening up apps, snatching pages from me, shaking my screen, and fighting against me with the cursor.

That isn't due to malware, and probably isn't related to any software on your computer. Most likely, it's a hardware issue. See:

My mouse keeps moving around on its own, as if someone is remotely controlling my Mac!

(Fair disclosure: I may receive compensation from links to my sites, TheSafeMac.com and AdwareMedic.com, in the form of buttons allowing for donations. Donations are not required to use my site or software.)

How can I remove the virus Trojan.Gen.2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.