Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I exclude videos from iCloud backup?

Hello all. I use an iPhone5 on iOS 8.1.2. I've used up 19.8GB of 20 GB available on my iCloud account. I'd like to exclude all the videos on my camera roll from backing up rather than delete any more stuff. can you show me how?

WIlliam

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1, An app won't update

Posted on Dec 27, 2014 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2014 1:18 PM

I'm afraid you can't exclude only videos, you just can delete the camera roll from your iCloud backup in Settings/iCloud/Storage/Managing Storage/Your device/Photo Library

You'll have to transfer the videos to your computer and delete them on your device after that, if you don't want to have them included in the backup.

iCloud: Managing your iCloud storage

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2014 1:18 PM in response to William.Bristol

I'm afraid you can't exclude only videos, you just can delete the camera roll from your iCloud backup in Settings/iCloud/Storage/Managing Storage/Your device/Photo Library

You'll have to transfer the videos to your computer and delete them on your device after that, if you don't want to have them included in the backup.

iCloud: Managing your iCloud storage

How do I exclude videos from iCloud backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.