Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Mini mirroring problem

I have 3rd gen Apple TV, Ipad Mini with retina and Iphone 6.

Iphone 6 mirroring works fine

IPad mini no option to mirror offered.- same with both my parents IPad minis, none of them will mirror

Any suggestions gratefully received.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 27, 2014 3:06 PM

5 replies

Dec 29, 2014 12:30 PM in response to gijb

Hello gijb,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

The article linked below provides troubleshooting tips that may resolve the issue that you’ve described, where AirPlay mirroring isn’t available on specific devices.

Resolve issues with AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring from iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If the AirPlay icon doesn't appear

Ensure that you have followed the steps in using AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring.

If you are still unable to see the AirPlay icon User uploaded file, try one of these steps:

• If trying to AirPlay, or AirPlay mirror, to your Apple TV, ensure that AirPlay is enabled on your Apple TV as well. You can enable or disable AirPlay on Apple TV in the AirPlay menu: Settings > AirPlay.
  • Check Internet or network connectivity on all affected devices.

Some content requires an Internet connection to authorize content playback. AirPlay capabilities may be limited if your network is not connected to the Internet.

• If attempting to use AirPlay from a third-party app or a website from your Safari app on your iOS device, confirm that the app or website is AirPlay compatible (refer to the developers of the app or website for additional information).

Ciao,

-Jason

Dec 29, 2014 5:38 PM in response to Jason L

Jason thank you but it still doesn't work

I have seen the article you suggest in the link above and followed this though but it still does not work

In reference to your specific suggestions:

>Airplay is enabled on Apple tv - as I said above iphone 6 works - as does my mothers's iphone 5 - these devices can be mirrored on the TV and mirroring is an option on the phone. Mirroring is not offered as an option on either mine, my mothers or my fathers iPad minis.

Internet is enabled. AirPlay will play video from IPad but will not mirror iPad (ie YouTube and BBC iplayer will play full frame, Safari will not be displayed) mirroring does not come up as an option

Safari does not appear at all - the iPad is not mirrored in any way - but as I said above video from various apps plays full frame on the TV but the apps don't mirror

Thanks

ian

IPad Mini mirroring problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.