Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay "Your card is being activated" text does not go away...

Hello,

I added 4 cards to my Passbook - 2 of them say "Ready for Apple Pay" and the other 2 (Wells Fargo) say "Your card is being activated". I contacted the bank and they say those 2 cards are ACTIVE WITH APPLE PAY. They told me to call Apple. Has anyone seen this? I don't want to get into a payment situation and have the card rejected.

Thanks.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.2, Macbook Pro 2.6 Ghz

Posted on Dec 27, 2014 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2014 11:50 AM

FYI - woke up to an ERROR this morning on BOTH Wells Fargo cards - "Could Not Verify". Called Wells Fargo AGAIN...got transferred around - ended up in "Software Support - Quicken / Quickbooks". This tech told me that there has been a problem with Wells Fargo VISA cards activating in Apple Pay and that he is able to see inside the system and can manually activate the cards (he did that for me in 10 seconds). There is no message on the Wells Fargo phone system that steers you to Apple Pay help - you have to go to "Software Support - Quicken / Quickbooks" and the tech will activate it for you.

Looks like all is well - will have to get out and test it 🙂

21 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2014 11:50 AM in response to michaelhadley

FYI - woke up to an ERROR this morning on BOTH Wells Fargo cards - "Could Not Verify". Called Wells Fargo AGAIN...got transferred around - ended up in "Software Support - Quicken / Quickbooks". This tech told me that there has been a problem with Wells Fargo VISA cards activating in Apple Pay and that he is able to see inside the system and can manually activate the cards (he did that for me in 10 seconds). There is no message on the Wells Fargo phone system that steers you to Apple Pay help - you have to go to "Software Support - Quicken / Quickbooks" and the tech will activate it for you.

Looks like all is well - will have to get out and test it 🙂

Dec 28, 2014 11:51 AM in response to FelipeV

Thanks for the replies....

Next day - phone still shows Wells Fargo cards are "Activating - your card is being activated""

* Restart - done with no change

* Re-add - No. My Bank said both cards are ACTIVE with Apple Pay so there is no need to do that. They said it is an Apple glitch (this is only with my 2 Wells Fargo cards - AMEX / BoA show "ready for Apple Pay")

* I have not used the cards yet. The merchants in my area are so behind the times - nobody yet accepts Apple Pay in my neck of the woods in Florida.

Anyone have this situation that fixed it?

Thanks & Happy New Year!

Dec 28, 2014 8:30 PM in response to FelipeV

Reset phone - No joy.

So, I took the family to the Disney Marketplace and used Apple Pay for the first time. The card that said "Ready for APple Pay" worked. The ones Posted in this thread about did not.

I tried this before but it did not work - I removed those 2 cards and re-added them - same message ("Activating"). I removed them AGAIN (3rd time) and re-added them QUICKLY - MESSAGE DISAPPEARED and both cards say "Ready for Apple Pay". Now I have to take them out and try them.

More later...

Apple Pay "Your card is being activated" text does not go away...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.