Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iCloud's nearly at its 5GB capacity, what happens to my iCloud email account when it is?

I have two handheld devices synced to my iCloud account and my iCloud email address.

Between the three of them they are nearly 5GB.

So my query is, what's the scenario when the combined total goes over 5GB and I can't afford to give apple more money on a monthly basis for more storage space?

Obviously I can easily create another account for to sync my handhelds too, but I don't want to get to the point where apple stops me from receiving / sending any more email because I'm over my storage cap! If this is going to happen it makes sense for me to switch email accounts asap!

(I should explain my work means I get sent > 200 emails a day most of which have hi res emails and some of which have mp3s attached so it wont be too long to hammering on the 5GB door max door!)

Thanks.

MacBook Air (13-inch Late 2010), Running Yosemite Public Beta

Posted on Dec 27, 2014 5:07 PM

2 replies

Dec 28, 2014 12:52 AM in response to léonie

The only way I can free a few GB is by deleting emails which...

a) I don't want to do as I'm forever needing to refer back to old emails and ...

b) would take ages and...

c) would only be a temporary measure anyway as I have new mail coming in at such a galloping rate!

So I guess my options are to go back to Gmail or throw some ££s in Apple's direction.

Never thought of Apple equivalent to a drug dealer, but here they are having got you dependent on something by giving you years of free access to it, then they suddenly withdraw said service once you're well and truly addicted and tell you you can only have more if you pay them!

Apple have well and truly caught me hook line and sinker with this one! Cant believe I didn't see this coming! Gaaah!

My iCloud's nearly at its 5GB capacity, what happens to my iCloud email account when it is?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.