Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud lock

I bought an iPhone 4 off eBay with icloud lock and I was reading around and I read, if you prove that you bought it legitimately they will unlock it.is that true.???

iPhone 4 (8GB)

Posted on Dec 27, 2014 7:32 PM

7 replies

May 25, 2015 2:33 PM in response to Niel

i bought new an iphone 5 i sold to a friend it was ther first apple device they made an apple id and forgot the password to it. so went on and made a new apple id and were using it no problem. then the problem was wen a kid put a password and forgot it so i helped them reset it but it ask for the first apple id that was made wich forgot the password for it. i cant help them i was the original owner. we have tryed recovering password but they dont remember the icloud email address password.

Sep 16, 2015 12:52 AM in response to nicholas beach

nicholas beach wrote:

Does Icloud have a way to lock a device and change the pass code for just in case a person you trusted has stolen from you?

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH2696

Lost mode will let you set a passcode, but not change an existing passcode. If the thief knows the passcode, erase the phone instead of using Lost mode.

icloud lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.