Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to port forward with Airport extreme version 7.7.3

I am trying to set up port forwarding on an airport extreme v.7.7.3

I am doing so using my wireless connection via I pad and airport utility application

All connections are receiving excellent signal...I just don't know how.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8

Posted on Dec 27, 2014 10:23 PM

17 replies

Dec 28, 2014 8:24 AM in response to larged

Before we can even begin, we need to first verify that your modem type will allow port mapping to be configured on the AirPort Extreme.

On the iPad home screen.......

Tap AirPort Utility

Tap on the AirPort Extreme icon

Tap in the password if required

Tap Edit

Tap Advanced

Tap DHCP and NAT

Tap Router Mode

What setting is displayed next to the check mark?

Dec 29, 2014 10:28 AM in response to larged

Can you access your BBQ controller from the local network using a web browser on your iPad or computer? You will need to verify this first before attempting to connect to the device from the Internet. By default, the controller is configured for an Ad-Hoc network using 192.168.101.10 for its IP address. In contrast Apple routers default to the 10.0.0.x IP addresses.

In order for you to access it wirelessly to configure it, you must connect your iPad or computer to it using its Ad-Hoc wireless network. That way your iPad or computer can access its administration page via a web browser. You can then configure it for an Infrastructure network. Finally, if you want to access the controller from a remote location, use the following information.

Dec 30, 2014 8:04 AM in response to Tesserax

Yes, In ad hoc mode I am able to pick up the controller and get into the set up ect.....

I did make the changes from my ipad

to Infrastucture mode

turned on DHCP client

filled out SSID name

identified encryption mode

entered the password key into device.

Currently I do have the IP address (via the airport extreme app) and both airport extreme app and the controller say they are connected and have strong signals...... what I can't do is access the controller from my computer or from my Ipad..... from both I get web page not found....

Jan 2, 2015 1:56 PM in response to Tesserax

Yes!!!

I did connect with my computer. That's progress. I did see a new number assigned to this bbq controller now ends in 41 and your address works for that. Yeah!!

Now I need to figure out how to connect via Ipad. I think I have to figure out how to do port forwarding..via airport extreme. As I described above....any advise on that??

thanks

d

Jan 2, 2015 3:29 PM in response to larged

Ok, then please check out the following AirPort User tip on how to set up port mapping (aka forwarding) using AirPort Utility v6.x.

Again, first be sure that you can access the BBQ controller from the local network from any device that you plan on accessing it from the Internet. Second, since port 80 is typically blocked by most ISPs we would just need to open a different port on the AirPort base station in order to access it.

Let me know if you can successfully access the controller from your iPad. Note: I am assuming that you will want to use the iPad to access the controller remotely ... correct?

Jan 2, 2015 9:58 PM in response to Tesserax

Yes. Ipad and Iphone 5s

I believe I successfully accomplished the Port mapping step one. from you tips

Step 2 Setup Port mapping on base station has me puzzled.

I don't know what values to put into UDP ports or TCP ports public or Private.

Can you help me find this. I tried to use the well known ports from the bottom of your page but it only linked me into the apple support menu (general)

how to port forward with Airport extreme version 7.7.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.