Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i re-install mountain lion?

I just installed Yosemite on my old iMac (27", 2009), but I need to return to the OS I was using before, which was Mountain Lion. This is because I am a fan of iPhoto '09 which does not run under Yosemite.

In order to achieve the downgrade I started by doing a clean reinstall of Snow Leopard, this being the latest OS for which I have the disk. I then applied all the available updates and was planning to reinstall Mountain Lion from the App Store as I did originally. However, while Mountain Lion appears in my App Store account as available for download, when I press the Download button nothing happens.

I cannot work out how to get back to the functionality I had before I installed Yosemite. I would be perfectly happy to instal Mavericks, assuming it works with iPhoto '09 (which I believe it does) but I cannot see a way of doing this.

If anyone knows how to re-install Mountain Lion I'd much appreciate it. I am stuck now with Snow Leopard, which is a bore because my other computers are running Mountain Lion. Obviously I want to keep things consistent.

Many thanks

Posted on Dec 27, 2014 11:27 PM

3 replies

Jan 14, 2015 12:11 AM in response to pomonapomme

I am just curious, My one year old I-Mac came installed with Mavericks. I upgraded to Yosemite and I was not at all happy with the OS. I do have a Time Machine backup of Mavericks that I can revert to. However, I was wondering if there is a way I could downgrade to Mountain Lion which i have in my purchased apps? Or is that impossible seeing that my I-Mac came installed with Mavericks?

Thanks,

Dave

How can i re-install mountain lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.