Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i move my iPhoto library to iCloud my computer is to full?

my computer is to full haw can i move all the pictures to iCloud and is that a good idea or should i do something else?

mac air, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Dec 28, 2014 1:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2014 1:46 AM

You don't move it to the cloud, as there is no way to do that successfully.

Move it to an external Hard Disk.

Make sure the drive is formatted Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

1. Quit iPhoto

2. Copy the iPhoto Library from your Pictures Folder to the External Disk.

3. Hold down the option (or alt) key while launching iPhoto. From the resulting menu select 'Choose Library' and navigate to the new location. From that point on this will be the default location of your library.

4. Test the library and when you're sure all is well, trash the one on your internal HD to free up space.

Regards

TD

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2014 1:46 AM in response to James Toscano

You don't move it to the cloud, as there is no way to do that successfully.

Move it to an external Hard Disk.

Make sure the drive is formatted Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

1. Quit iPhoto

2. Copy the iPhoto Library from your Pictures Folder to the External Disk.

3. Hold down the option (or alt) key while launching iPhoto. From the resulting menu select 'Choose Library' and navigate to the new location. From that point on this will be the default location of your library.

4. Test the library and when you're sure all is well, trash the one on your internal HD to free up space.

Regards

TD

Dec 28, 2014 2:21 AM in response to James Toscano

my computer is to full haw can i move all the pictures to iCloud

Even if you could store your iPhoto Library on iCloud Drive without corrupting it, it would not help to save space on your Mac. iCloud Drive is keeping a shadow copy of all items you store in iCloud Drive and updating it, when the copy in iCloud is changing. So you need exactly the same amount of storage locally, as you are using in iCloud Drive. It is meant as a central storage for all your documents, that is automatically updating across all your devices.

See the frequently asked questions: iCloud Drive FAQ

how do i move my iPhoto library to iCloud my computer is to full?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.