Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can we track a lost device with iccid number?

iPhone 5

Posted on Dec 27, 2014 11:41 PM

10 replies

Dec 28, 2014 3:10 AM in response to Sabin Adhikari

the only think one can track it by is the find my iPhone feature if turned on

one can track it using www.icloud.com

in some countries if one report the IMEI number to the police they will have all carriers block it

if a person have gone missing the police can if they present a warrant to the carriers use the IMEI to triangular track the phone but as it is a very expensive precudure they would likely not to it in the case of a stolen phone

Dec 28, 2014 5:07 AM in response to FelipeV

FelipeV wrote:

Any website that purports to be able to:

Determine the unlock status of an iPhone

Say that they can track the iPhone via IMEI or ICCID

Report whether a phone is lost or stolen so you can be sure it is not a "hot" phone

are most likely scams. They sound too good to be true, don't they?

These two can kind of be done by Apple anyways, and for free. Apple can tell you what carrier a phone is locked to or if it is listed as 'unlocked', and also whether or not an iPhone is in 'Lost Mode', but that's pretty much as far as it can go. Also, www.cloud.com/activationlock can tell you if an iPhone has Find My iPhone enabled, prior to purchase.

But no site/service can track an iPhone by IMEI/ICCID/Serial Number, with the possible exception of the wireless carrier, and even then, it usually requires involvement by law enforcement trying to investigate a major crime, not simply a 'lost phone'.

Dec 28, 2014 5:15 AM in response to TJBUSMC1973

TJBUSMC1973 wrote:

These two can kind of be done by Apple anyways, and for free. Apple can tell you what carrier a phone is locked to or if it is listed as 'unlocked', and also whether or not an iPhone is in 'Lost Mode', but that's pretty much as far as it can go. Also, www.cloud.com/activationlock can tell you if an iPhone has Find My iPhone enabled, prior to purchase.

I know. But as the thread was referring to sites, I did not mention that as you have to contact Apple directly and there is no way to input the info on this site, like on the "scam" sites.

And I did not mention the Activation Lock Apple page specifically because that is not a "scam" site. And my definition of "unlock" above was meant to refer to SIM lock and not Activation Lock per se.

Thanks for clarifying, though.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.