Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Digital Camera Raw Compatibility 6.02 - Nikon D800

Hello,

After having downloaded the new update Digital Camera Raw Compatibility 6.02 I wasn't able to import my RAW photos to iPhoto anymore. But I can see the RAW photos which are already in the library.I use a Nikon D800 and I used to take photos in RAW. I first thought that it was a problem with the camera or the cable. That's why I tried with another cable first. The problem remained unsolved. Then I transferred all the photos a PC. It works with the PC. And I could transfer the photos to my desktop with a memory stick. But when I import the photos to iPhoto, the photos are either white blank files, either files with pink lines. 98% of the photos are damaged. I changed the settings of the camera and took new photos. But the problem doesn't seem to be solved. It's again the same problem What shall I do?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Dec 28, 2014 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2014 7:36 AM

Make a backup of your system and try to downgrade the RAW support to version 6.01

To downgrade the RAW Support to the last version from before the last update try this:

• To reinstall the 'RAW Compatibility Update' it is necessary to uninstall the currently installed raw support. Otherwise the installer will rightfully say, that you already have the latest version installed.
  • If your tests are showing that the problem happens also in a different user account, try this:

The RAW support files are installed in the System Library in the folder "/System/Library/CoreServices" Folder:

• To open this folder, use the Finder's "Go" menu. Click the smiling Finder icon in the Dock to bring the Finder forward.
  • Then type the keyboard shortcut ⇧⌘G (for "Finder > Go > Go to folder") and copy and paste "/System/Library/CoreServices" into the text field. Click the "Go" button.
  • In the Finder window that will open, delete both the files "RawCamera.bundle" and "RawCameraSupport.bundle". You will have to enter your Administrator password. (don't empty the Trash, so you can put the files back, if need be)
  • Download the current RAW support update from Apple's Support Site:
  • Digital Camera RAW Compatibility 6.01 http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1777?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

In the Downloads folder you will find the disk image with the installer. Double click it to open and run and the installer.

Then restart your Mac.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2014 7:36 AM in response to ceylin.e

Make a backup of your system and try to downgrade the RAW support to version 6.01

To downgrade the RAW Support to the last version from before the last update try this:

• To reinstall the 'RAW Compatibility Update' it is necessary to uninstall the currently installed raw support. Otherwise the installer will rightfully say, that you already have the latest version installed.
  • If your tests are showing that the problem happens also in a different user account, try this:

The RAW support files are installed in the System Library in the folder "/System/Library/CoreServices" Folder:

• To open this folder, use the Finder's "Go" menu. Click the smiling Finder icon in the Dock to bring the Finder forward.
  • Then type the keyboard shortcut ⇧⌘G (for "Finder > Go > Go to folder") and copy and paste "/System/Library/CoreServices" into the text field. Click the "Go" button.
  • In the Finder window that will open, delete both the files "RawCamera.bundle" and "RawCameraSupport.bundle". You will have to enter your Administrator password. (don't empty the Trash, so you can put the files back, if need be)
  • Download the current RAW support update from Apple's Support Site:
  • Digital Camera RAW Compatibility 6.01 http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1777?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

In the Downloads folder you will find the disk image with the installer. Double click it to open and run and the installer.

Then restart your Mac.

Feb 26, 2015 10:29 AM in response to ceylin.e

Hi Leonie,

Sorry to bother you but i have been told you are the person to contact via my below post.

Re: Iphoto is distorting RAW images from canon on mac mini

i have tried doing the above but still my images are importing into iPhoto distorted, on the preview in iPhoto before i import the pictures are fine it is only when i import they distort.

Do you have any recommendations as I'm completely stuck???

Cheers for your time

Mike Price

Digital Camera Raw Compatibility 6.02 - Nikon D800

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.