Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto freezes while uploading photo calendars for printing

I have a MacBookPro OS X 10.6.8 and have not upgraded to Yosemite, nor have I upgraded the iPhoto application from iPhoto '11 9.2.3 (though I've been prompted to). I have tried for the past several days to upload calendars to Apple to be printed and mailed. I've never had a problem with this before, but now, iPhoto keeps freezing up after assembling the calendar and beginning to upload it. This happens for each of several calendars I have prepared for various family members, so it's not specific to one calendar. Each time, I've been forced to restart the computer, but encounter the same problem when I try again to order the calendar.

How can I fix this problem?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 28, 2014 10:57 AM

3 replies

Dec 28, 2014 1:10 PM in response to annefromarlington

have you previewed it -

Before ordering your calendar preview it using this method - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1040 - and save the resulting PDF for reference - the delivered calendar will match it.

What version of iphoto do you have?

One guess for fixing it would be to follow instructions and update iPhoto - why have you choose t=not to do that?

LN

Dec 30, 2014 6:33 AM in response to LarryHN

Hi Larry. I just previewed each of the three calendars successfully. I have iPhoto '11 9.2.3. I have not upgraded to Yosemite because I was concerned that the upgrade would make using apps like iPhoto more difficult. I checked iPhoto for an upgrade, and it tells me that I have the most current version (so I was wrong in my earlier post - I must have confused the Yosemite upgrade suggestion for being an iPhoto upgrade suggestion). I tried again this morning up "buy" one of the calendars, and during the Upload phase (following the Assembly phase), I initially got a pop-up error message telling me that something had gone wrong and asking whether I wanted to retry. I said yes, and then, as usual, the assembly phase went fine and the upload phase went on forever (after the bar turned fully blue, which should indicate that the process is complete or nearly complete) before finally the screen turned black and the kaleidescope started.

Thoughts?

iPhoto freezes while uploading photo calendars for printing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.