Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I CANT DELETE OLD TV SHOWS THAT I DOWNLOADED

every time I open iTunes it starts downloading tv shows that I purchased a long time ago and I no longer want but I cant seem to delete them help!!!

itunes on my pc

Posted on Dec 28, 2014 11:36 AM

1 reply

Dec 30, 2014 8:45 AM in response to TROJANEX

Hi Trojanex,

Welcome to the Support Communities! If an old TV show starts downloading when you open iTunes, you may have to turn off Automatic downloads in your iTunes Preferences. I'll include some information on how to do that, and also how to delete the TV episode in the latest version of iTunes for Windows.

Enable Automatic Downloads - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-is/HT202180

You will want to do the opposite to disable Automatic downloads ... but I thought the screenshot and information to access these settings would be helpful.

Content that's eligible for Automatic Downloads will download automatically to iOS devices and iTunes-authorized computers associated with your Apple ID after you turn on the feature.

Music, Movies, TV Shows, and Apps

1. Open iTunes.
  2. If you haven't authorized your computer, choose Store > Authorize This Computer.
  3. Open the iTunes Store Preferences:
  4. Select the content that you want to automatically download. If you can't select these options, you need to sign in to the iTunes Store with your Apple ID.User uploaded file

How to delete content you've downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, or Mac App Store - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT5772

TV shows

Mac or PC

1. Open iTunes.
  2. From the Library pop-up menu, choose TV Shows.
  3. Click Shows in the navigation bar.
  4. Click a TV show.
  5. Click a TV episode you want to delete.
  6. Press Delete on your keyboard.

In iTunes 11 or later, the TV show cover art will remain visible, but a Download User uploaded file icon appear on it to allow you to download the item again (in countries that support this).

Get help

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

I CANT DELETE OLD TV SHOWS THAT I DOWNLOADED

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.