Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family request notifications

My daughter made requests for me to approve. I saw the initial notification pop up on my iphone 6, but didn't do anything with it yet. I want to go back to all the requests made to me, but they are no where to be found. I looked in notifications, but nothing is there. Please help.

Sean.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 28, 2014 7:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 8:44 AM

This happened to me. What I did was when you open up notification (Swiping down from the top of your Iphone/Ipad downwards), notice that there are 2 buttons at the top of the notification (Today and Notification). Tap on the notification button and the notification should be there. Hope this helped.

3 replies

Dec 31, 2014 12:21 PM in response to Jason L

Thanks Jason L. I'm having this problem as well, but the steps above don't help. The problem is "step 1. Open the notification to see the item..." The notification is simply not there.

This happens if I see the incoming notification while the iPhone is locked. After unlocking the phone, it goes back to the home screen. I have looked in every possible place, but my daughter's request has simply disappeared.

If you could give us the menu structure to get to the notification that would be great.

David

Dec 30, 2014 11:19 AM in response to neux

Hi neux,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

The article linked below should answer your question about how to view requests and why you may no longer be able to view the notification, specifically if the request is more than 24 hours old it will be deleted.

Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

Make or decline a purchase

If you're the organizer, you can use these steps to make or decline the purchase from your iOS device with iOS 8 or Mac with OS X Yosemite:

1. Open the notification to see the item that your family member wants to get. (See your notifications on your Mac or iOS device.)
  2. Approve or decline the purchase.
  3. If you approve, you need to sign in with your Apple ID and password to make the purchase.

After it's purchased, the item is added to the family member’s account and shared with the rest of the family group. If a family member downloads a previous purchase again, downloads a shared purchase, installs an update, or uses a redemption code in the store, the organizer won't get a notification.

If the organizer doesn't make the purchase or decline the request, it will be deleted after 24 hours, and the child will need to make the request again.

Cheers,

-Jason

Family request notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.