Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music purchases not showing up with Family Share

My mother and I are both on Family Share, I am trying to download music from my Itunes account to hers but over half of my purchases are not showing up for no apparent reason and it seems to be fairly random. Does anyone know a solution?

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 28, 2014 6:09 PM

2 replies

Dec 30, 2014 10:54 AM in response to Katiemccccc

Hi Katiemccccc,

Happy Holidays! The resource below provides some troubleshooting steps if you are not able to view or download content with Family Sharing.

If you don't see your family's shared content - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201454

If you don't see your family's shared content

Use these steps on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that's using iOS 8 to view or download shared content from your family members.

Make sure that Family Sharing is set up

When your family members join Family Sharing, they should confirm the Apple ID that they want to use for iTunes, iBooks, and App Store purchases. Even if they're signed in with the same Apple ID for iTunes and iCloud, they need to confirm their iTunes account information before they can share their content.

• In iOS 8, they can tap Settings > iCloud > Family, then tap their name to confirm or change the Apple ID that they want to use to share content.
  • In OS X Yosemite, they can go to Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud > Manage Family, then click their name to confirm or change the Apple ID that they want to use to share content.

If you still can't see your family member's content, it might be for one of these reasons.

Check the Apple ID that you're using in the iTunes Store

Make sure that you're signed in to the iTunes Store using the same Apple ID that you selected for sharing content with your family.

To check which Apple ID you selected for Family Sharing on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap Settings > iCloud > Family, then tap your name. Then go to Settings > iTunes & App Store and make sure that you're using the same Apple ID in the iTunes Store.

To check which Apple ID you selected for Family Sharing on your Mac, go to Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud > Manage Family, then click your name. Then open iTunes, iBooks, or the Mac App Store and make sure that you're using the same Apple ID in the store.

Make sure that Share My Purchases is on

If anyone in your family chose not to share their iTunes Store content, then you can't see their content. Your family members can check their settings on their iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac:

• In iOS 8, they can tap Settings > iCloud > Family. Then they can tap their name to see if Share My Purchases is on or off.
  • In OS X Yosemite, they can go to Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud > Manage Family, then click their name.

If you decide not to share your content, you can still see your family member's content as long as they're sharing. If anyone in your family group leaves, you won't be able to see or download their content.

Make sure that an app is shareable

To see if you can share an app, go to its product page in the App Store and scroll down to Information. Then see if it says Yes or No in the Family Sharing section.

Some apps may not be enabled for Family Sharing. If you’ve acquired one of these apps, you will be able to see it in your purchase history, but your family members won't be able to see or redownload it.

See if the purchase is hidden

If a family member has hidden one of their items, no one in their family can see it. Your family member can unhide those items if they want to.

Sign out of the iTunes & App Store or download a free app

If you still can't see or download your family's shared content, sign out of the iTunes & App Store, then sign back in. To sign out in iOS 8, go to Settings > iTunes & App Store, tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out. To sign out in OS X Yosemite, choose Store > Sign Out in iTunes, iBooks, or the Mac App Store. To sign back in, enter your Apple ID and password, then select Sign In. Make sure that you sign in to the iTunes Store using the same Apple ID that you selected for sharing content with your family.

If you don't want to sign out, you can download a free app instead. You might be asked to enter your password.

You don't need to sign out of any other services that use your Apple ID, such as iCloud or iMessage.

Make sure your device meets the system requirements

To access your family's shared content, you need an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iOS 8 or a Mac using OS X Yosemite. If you're using an older device you won’t see your family’s shared content. If you're using an Apple TV, you can see shared movies and TV shows only.

iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite are required to set up or join a Family Sharing group and are recommended for full functionality. See the system requirements for Family Sharing.

Learn more

Family Sharing requires a personal Apple ID signed in to iCloud and iTunes. Music, movies, TV shows, and books can be downloaded on up to 10 devices per account, five of which can be computers. Not all content is eligible for Family Sharing. Content can be hidden by family members; hidden content is not available for download. Content downloaded from family members or acquired via redemption codes is not subject to Ask to Buy.

Which purchased content can I share using Family Sharing - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203046

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

Music purchases not showing up with Family Share

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.