Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport disk don't show up but show up in airport utility

I recently got a Second Generation Airport Extreme. Hoping to share hard drive that I plug via USB to the back of the unit.

Using Window 7, I downloaded the Airport Utility. On the Airport Utility>manual setup>disk, I can see my Seagate desktop Hard drive showing as a disk.

But the problem is there is no disk showing on the Airport Base Station Agent/Airport Disk Preferences. I tried the other two methods described in the apple instruction:

AirPort: How to mount an AirPort Extreme USB hard disk volume in Mac OS X and Windows - Apple Support

and still not able to connect.

Can someone point me to the right direction as to where the problem is and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Airport Extreme (2nd Gen)-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Dec 28, 2014 10:36 PM

1 reply

Dec 29, 2014 6:13 PM in response to Livestn

Hopefully this might help you and I:

I appear to have nearly the exact same predicament as you. From what I have read in the last couple of days, the non Mac format of the Windows hard disk is the problem, though I have not been able to reach a satisfactory conculsion on that yet.

If the disk format is the problem, can a Windows disk be formatted to be useable by Mac and Windows?

paulfromshelton

Airport disk don't show up but show up in airport utility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.