Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Posts Number

Hi,

Can anyone tell me that is there anyway by which you can get to know the number of posts u did in the community

e.g Like Number of tweets ?

any helps would be appreciated

Cheers,

HKQ 🙂

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1

Posted on Dec 29, 2014 12:55 AM

34 replies

Dec 29, 2014 8:06 AM in response to HKQ

I took a look at the Jive Community for this issue. Apparently there is a user that wants a similar "Report" - alas, there are no responses to his Question since April. Seems if this reporting function even exists in the full-blown JiveSoftware, it is a closely held secret.

here's a way devised by myself & turingtest2 independently - UN-fortunately, it still requires a manual COUNT - but it is all you!

https://discussions.apple.com/search.jspa?type=discussion&q=Re%3A&sort=updatedDe sc&author=%2Fpeople%2F12885848

this will invoke the JiveWare's "Space Search" with you, HKQ as the Author and " Re: " as the search term (meaning the ones to which you have replied - i.e., all posts that are not Questions which you Authored)

count these then add the # of questions = total # of posts

Another method is NOT an accurate count, but it counts for you !!

Google search with this term [ "HKQ" site:discussions.apple.com ] -

this will return every instance of "HKQ" that Google finds on the subdomain "discussions.apple.com"

- i.e., every "HKQ Level 1", every time you SIGN an post "HKQ", someone addresses you as "HKQ", etc. - BUT, it does give the number of results at the top and is ACCURATE only on the LAST page of results

User uploaded file

⬆ click / tap to enlarge ⬆

ÇÇÇ

Dec 29, 2014 9:29 AM in response to HKQ

The total post count of the person you were replying to used to appear as a footnote when using the advanced editor in the previous iteration of the forum software. As far as know there is no way to view it in this version. I've looked for some hidden data field that might be turned back on via CSS or could simply be read from the html, but no luck.

tt2

Dec 29, 2014 9:33 AM in response to HKQ

Aww, shucks! It weren't nuthin.

Seriously, I have much of this stuff at my beck and call via browser bookmarks. With a little substituion of you (HKQ) for me (ChitlinsCC), it was a snap.

Here's a few more of tt2's Magic Twangers for your Bookmark list

Authored

Participated

Following

these are improved versions of what is available from the Your Stuff page, and this one is unique

Recent Views

no charge

Cheers to you!

ÇÇÇ

Dec 29, 2014 10:53 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

Nope. You might be able to track down a static snapshot of an old thread, but there is no corresponding old Jive engine sitting behind it to bring up the old advanced editor, and even if there was it wouldn't have access to the live data from the current site. I've looked around Jive's own site & some of the documentation. I'm not up to speed with json or curl but even if I was there isn't anything that looks useful. I'd be really surprised if there isn't some way to calculate the post count available to those in control of the database, but I suspect it won't be available to us mere users.

tt2

Dec 29, 2014 11:25 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

Just checked a sub-total by google in the way you show, & only 6,580 (pages?) appear.

Not certain of the accuracy or reliability of such a method; even so, some of my older

authored posts went away in part due to a critical issue I had when I first joined here in

attempt to get some answer to hardware issue plagued my iMac G4 about 10 yrs ago.

At some time, also, the point system tally worked a bit different for early users.

For my limited need to check discussion content, I hadn't used google on mine.

However I note by searching ASC directly, the level of post content in prior years

was better due to some extensive searching elsewhere done before my reply...

Back when the internet was faster (for me) yet still dialup, then early ADSL. The latter

still is faster in reality than a cable hookup currently available at this time, rated +4x.

Must be the new math, and hidden page content that takes more effort to load... 🙂

{PS: Oh, just noticed google won't let you search more than 999 items? ahead,

this found by changing the number in their URL past 10/ 20/ 30/ etc. to higher.}

edited

Dec 29, 2014 11:30 AM in response to turingtest2

I see your several points... but let put this to you -

1. it is unlikely that the OLD database was somehow ported to some new format, DBs are oblivious to that which queries them (they are just glorified Excel spreadsheets after all)
  2. It also may be unlikely that the NEW Engine would be modified in any way to prohibit display of data - you just don't ASK it for the data to place in a a container on a particular page

I have developed custom interactive applications fro a couple of decades and I cannot remember ever taking code OUT in versioning the stuff. Code is cheap, especially if you don't call on the object, it just is text in file - sitting there.

Just for grins, I will seek out an old timey thread and Wayback it to see what happens.

pubs are open

ÇÇÇ

Posts Number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.