Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 music volume is not loud enough!

I purchased the iPhone 6 about a week ago from my carrier and noticed that the sound quality on my iPhone 6 is not as good as on my iPad or my previous iPod (3rd Generation). The iPhone 6 has more bass than it's previous models but I find that sometimes the bass drowns out the singers in the songs or makes the music sound far away. Along with that, the volume is not as loud as my other products. When the music is at max is sounds about 30% lower than the max on my other Apple products. Some others have complained about this on here but have yet to receive any answers. I do not have the protective film on there anymore and my case doesn't prevent my headphone jack from being inserted. I also do not have any volume limits on in my settings. I have even updated my phone to the latest iOS to see if it would help but did not. I'm not sure if I should take it to the Genius Bar or what. Anyone else having this problem?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 28, 2014 9:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2014 11:50 AM

Hey raeell,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you’ve done quite a bit of troubleshooting in an attempt to resolve the sound issue with your iPhone 6. If you haven't already, take a look at the article linked below which provides some additional troubleshooting tips that you may not have tried already.

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

Take care,

-Jason

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2014 11:50 AM in response to raeell

Hey raeell,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you’ve done quite a bit of troubleshooting in an attempt to resolve the sound issue with your iPhone 6. If you haven't already, take a look at the article linked below which provides some additional troubleshooting tips that you may not have tried already.

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

Take care,

-Jason

Oct 21, 2016 9:22 AM in response to raeell

I make my music louder by increasing the volume in ITunes. Right click on the song in ITunes, then select "Get Info" -> Options and there is a setting called "volume adjustment." Set it to +100% and then press "OK." This saves the volume level to the song file itself. I always put the volume on maximum before I put the song on my IPhone. You can do a bulk update too.

iPhone 6 music volume is not loud enough!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.