Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes not showing "On My Mac" ??

I have a brand new iMac Running Yosemite. I have ICloud account and Google for internet accounts. Only one with notes checked is google. If i deselect google I don't have "on my mac" option and notes do not save to anywhere. Only thing I can save to is google. I have notes that DO NOT need synced and I would like to save to "On My Mac" How do i get this to show in notes??User uploaded file

Posted on Dec 29, 2014 8:51 AM

4 replies

Dec 29, 2014 10:40 AM in response to Mx724

Mx

You have posted your issue in Using Apple Support Communities whose topic is 'How to use this forum software's interface, features and/or how to find what you wish'. It is a relatively low traffic and inappropriate forum for your problem. I will ask our Hosts to move it to OS X Yosemite where it may get a more rapid response from your fellow users.

CCC

Dec 29, 2014 9:37 PM in response to Mx724

The On My Mac category is inaccessible if you store Notes on one or more network servers, such as iCloud, and there are no notes stored locally.

In the Internet Accounts preference pane, disable all Notes synchronization by unchecking the corresponding box in all mail accounts with which you now sync. The data should be retained on the servers, but it would be wise to back it up anyway by following the instructions in this support article.

Quit and relaunch Notes. The database will be empty. Create a new note. From the View menu, select

Show Folders List

if the list isn't already showing. You should now see On My Mac. Re-enable synchronization. Relaunch Notes again. Your synced notes should reappear.

Notes not showing "On My Mac" ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.