Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download Error, Tap to Retry

I have tried EVERYTHING but i keep getting the 'download error, tap to retry'. This has been going on for about 2 weeks and I have no idea what to try next

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 29, 2014 10:03 AM

2 replies

Dec 30, 2014 2:07 PM in response to stacyrenee18

Hi stacyrenee18,

I apologize, I'm a bit unclear on the exact nature or context of your question. If this is regarding a hung or interrupted iTunes Store download, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following articles helpful:

iTunes: How to resume interrupted iTunes Store downloads - Apple Support

iTunes Store: How to delete a downloading purchase on iOS - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Jan 1, 2015 3:56 AM in response to stacyrenee18

This drove me mad for ages! I phoned Apple support and they were no help at all. They reckoned that the only solution to get the stuck films off was to refund me but they couldn't do that as I purchased them over 2 weeks ago. I looked at quite a few suggested solutions on forums but the only thing that worked for me was reset my IPad. I backed everything up first to ITunes and then chose 'Erase all content and settings' from the reset option. When you come to restore you can then easily add everything back on but the stuck downloads have gone! I also think that despite the films never fully downloading and my video app saying it had no data stored, the stuck films were using up space as 10Gb were freed up. Hope this helps others. I can see from the many posts that this is a common problem (in my case I tried to download HD instead of SD so didn't have enough space) but I guess Apple aren't fussed as it probably gets some people to wish they had more space (and therefore spend more!).

Download Error, Tap to Retry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.