Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Computer not recognized- error message songs not loaded

I Have made repeated attempts to sync my phone. I am repeatedly told my computer (iMac) is not recognized. I go to store and click recognize computer, I sign in it says the computer is recognized. Go back to sync. redo sync, same message: 100 songs not loaded on phone because computer not recognized. Add to this not being able to login to communities. I keep getting an error message that the page is not there. I click the link, login and same thing, over and over. I finally had to go to my iPad to try and sign in and post a message.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Dec 29, 2014 3:15 PM

1 reply

Dec 31, 2014 6:21 AM in response to Robert Rundbaken8

Hello there, Robert.

It sounds like you're getting the message that your iPhone is not recognized by your Mac when syncing it in iTunes. The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great steps for troubleshooting your issue:

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for OS X - Apple Support

1. If you haven't connected your iOS device to this computer before, unlock the device and tap Trust. Learn more about the Trust This Computer alert.
  2. Restart your iOS device.
  3. Restart your Mac.
  4. Make sure that your Mac meets the minimum system requirements for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  5. Install software updates on your Mac.
    If an iTunes update is available, apply the update.
  6. Check USB connections. iOS devices need USB 2.0 to work properly. If you're not sure your Mac has USB 2.0 ports, check the computer's specifications.
  7. Disconnect other USB devices and connect your device directly to a USB port on your Mac.
  8. Try another USB cable.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Computer not recognized- error message songs not loaded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.