Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes stuck at iTune U

When I click the iTunes store app button, all I see is a page that shows itunes U icon and asks me to open the iTunes U App only. It doesnt have anything else.

Please help. I thought i could explore and purchase music through my iTunes.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 29, 2014 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2017 12:31 AM

1. This is how it worked for me
  2. On your device, tap Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.
  3. Tap your Apple ID. If you're not signed in, sign in with the Apple ID and password that you use with the iTunes Store.
  4. Tap View Apple ID.User uploaded file
  5. If prompted, enter your password again.
  6. Tap Country/Region. Learn what to do if you can't change your country or region.
  7. Tap Change Country or Region.
  8. Tap your new country or region, i chooed United Kingdom then tap Next.
  9. Review the Terms and Conditions and Apple Privacy Policy, then tap Agree if you agree.
  10. In the prompt that appears, tap Agree.
  11. Select a payment method and enter your payment information. Learn more about how to change or remove your Apple ID payment information. I didn't entered it.you can skip the other two steps.
19 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2017 12:31 AM in response to aosjah

1. This is how it worked for me
  2. On your device, tap Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.
  3. Tap your Apple ID. If you're not signed in, sign in with the Apple ID and password that you use with the iTunes Store.
  4. Tap View Apple ID.User uploaded file
  5. If prompted, enter your password again.
  6. Tap Country/Region. Learn what to do if you can't change your country or region.
  7. Tap Change Country or Region.
  8. Tap your new country or region, i chooed United Kingdom then tap Next.
  9. Review the Terms and Conditions and Apple Privacy Policy, then tap Agree if you agree.
  10. In the prompt that appears, tap Agree.
  11. Select a payment method and enter your payment information. Learn more about how to change or remove your Apple ID payment information. I didn't entered it.you can skip the other two steps.

May 27, 2017 3:02 AM in response to aosjah

Hi!

After few hours of trying everything, I found a solution for our issue.

Just go to the Settings -> General -> Restrictions -> Enable Restrictions.

Than you have to enter the restriction code (if you've never entered this code, just

pick some and remember it!). After that just check out iTunes Store button, and

than Disable restrictions again!

Everything works fine for me now.

P.S. Apparently the regional options do not have nothing with this issue! It's all about

restriction setup. Apple should really do something about that in the future (I mean,

it's not user friendly). 🙂

Best regards,

Michael

Dec 31, 2014 6:29 AM in response to aosjah

Hi aosjah,

Happy Holidays! You are in the iPhone community. Are you trying to access the iTunes Store on your iPhone or from your computer? It sounds like you are on your computer, and looking at the iTunes U section of the iTunes Store.

On your computer, when you click on the iTunes application, you have the option to browse the iTunes Store for Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, iTunes U, Audiobooks, Apps, Ringtones and Internet Radio.

The link below explains how to browse through these categories with iTunes 12:

Using the new iTunes - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203128

Switching media types

User uploaded file

iTunes 12 includes dedicated icons for music, movies, or TV shows, which make it easier to get to wherever you want to go in your library with a click. You can use the same controls to switch media types whether you’re browsing the iTunes Store or browsing your library.

You can even choose the media types you always want to see. To access more media types, click the More button (three dots) in the upper-left corner and click Edit. Select your favorite media types in the pop-up menu, then click Done.

User uploaded file

Keyboard shortcuts

You can quickly change your media type in iTunes 12 by using your keyboard. Keyboard shortcuts in iTunes 12 can be accessed by holding down the Command (Mac) or Control (Windows) key and then pressing numbers 1 through 9.

You can also easily change your media type using the View menu in the iTunes 12 menu bar.

Sidebar and playlists

In iTunes 12, you can see your full music library and playlists side-by-side, making it easy to browse your music and drag your favorite songs into any playlist. iTunes also displays a built-in playlist to help you quickly find your Music Videos. And you can access your devices and Home Sharing libraries from the sidebar too.

To show the sidebar and your playlists, click on the music icon in the upper-left corner of iTunes, and then click Playlists. Certain items like devices and Home Sharing appear alongside the media icons, when available.

User uploaded file

List view

To view your music by Song, Album, Artist, Composer, or Genre, click the current view under the Search tool in the upper-right corner. A pop-up menu of other views will appear. When you select one of the views in the menu, you'll see additional options for the view you're currently on, like Sort By Title or Rating.

User uploaded file

Device management

iTunes 12 makes it easier to organize media on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. To view your device, connect it, then click the device button next to the More button in the upper-left corner.

User uploaded file

Get Info

To see more info about an item, select it and choose File > Get Info. Get Info has been completely redesigned in iTunes 12 to focus your attention only on what’s necessary for the selected item.

If you’d like to add a field that isn’t visible, click Add Field in the lower-left corner of the Get Info window. You can select additional fields and set fields you’d like to always show. In iTunes 12, Get Info opens on the Details tab, and information about the file can be found on the File tab.

MiniPlayer

With the iTunes MiniPlayer, you can play music using a window that takes up very little space on your screen. To access the MiniPlayer, click on the album cover art or on the MiniPlayer icon User uploaded file in the left corner of the iTunes display where cover art normally appears. Or just choose Window > Switch to MiniPlayer. You can drag the right or left edge of the MiniPlayer to make it even smaller.

User uploaded file

MiniPlayer has two different views, which you can change between by clicking the switch icon User uploaded file.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Account details

In iTunes 12, you can access your account information from anywhere in iTunes. And you can quickly access your Wish List, Purchases or Family Purchases (if you are using iCloud Family Sharing), or redeem a gift card from the same menu. Click on your account name to see more options.

User uploaded file

Recently Added

iTunes puts recently added albums, movies, or TV shows at the top of your library, so that you can always find something new to play.

You can change the frequency Recently Added updates or turn it off completely in the view pop-up menu. The frequency options are This Month, Last 3 Months, Last 6 Months, and Last Year. Uncheck the box next to Show Recently Added to turn it off.

User uploaded file

Get more help with iTunes 12

If you need more help in iTunes, go to Help in the iTunes menu bar. Select iTunes Help, take the iTunes Quick Tour, or enter a topic in the search field. You can also visit iTunes Support for more info.

Last Modified:

Here is the iPhone User Manual for iOS 8 which shows you how to use the iTunes Store app:

iTunes Store at a glance - iPhone
http://help.apple.com/iphone/8/#/iph3df0adef

iTunes Store at a glance

Use the iTunes Store to add music, movies, TV shows, and more to iPhone.

User uploaded file

Note: You need an Internet connection and an Apple ID to use the iTunes Store. The iTunes Store is not available in all areas.

Browse or search

Browse by genre. Tap one of the categories (Music, Movies, or TV Shows). Tap Genres to refine the list.

• If you know what you’re looking for, tap Search. You can tap a search term that’s trending among other iTunes users, or enter info in the search field, then tap Search again.

• Access family members’ purchases. With Family Sharing turned on, you can view and download songs, TV shows, and movies purchased by other family members. Tap Purchased, tap your name or My Purchases, then select a family member from the menu.

• Find it with Siri. Siri can search for items and make purchases in the iTunes Store. For example, you can say “Get a new ringtone” or “Purchase song name by band name.” You can ask Siri to download a podcast or redeem a gift card. For best results, say “purchase” instead of “buy” at the beginning of a Siri command.

• Ask Siri to tag it. When you hear music playing around you, ask Siri “What song is playing?” Siri tells you what the song is and gives you an easy way to purchase it. It also saves it to the Siri tab in the iTunes Store so you can buy it later. Tap Music, tap User uploaded file, then tap Siri to see a list of tagged songs available for preview or purchase.

User uploaded file
  • Discover great new music on iTunes Radio. When you listen to iTunes Radio, songs you play appear in the Radio tab in the iTunes Store so you can preview or purchase them. Tap Music, tap User uploaded file, then tap Radio to see your favorite songs available to preview or purchase.

• Preview a song or video. Tap it.

• Add to your Wish List. When you hear something you hope to buy from the iTunes Store, tap User uploaded file, then tap Add to Wish List. To view your Wish List in the iTunes Store, tap Music, Movies, or TV Shows, tap User uploaded file, then tap Wish List.

• Tired of tapping More? To rearrange the buttons, tap More, then tap Edit. To replace an icon, drag another icon over the one you want to replace. Then tap Done.

User uploaded file

I hope this clears things up for you. Happy New Year!

- Judy

Jan 9, 2015 5:33 AM in response to judysings

Ji Judy

I was tapping iTune Store for sure. I tried it after reading your reply as well. I was getting the same. However, today, something interesting happened. One of my colleagues, using iphone 5s was using iTunes Store without getting stuck at iTunes U like me. I asked her to login her ID onto my phone. She did that and iTunes started working fine on my device. Then I logged her ID out and logged mine back in and iTune still worked. Apparently my ID was setup on iTunes Store Pakistan and her was setup on iTunes USA. After I signed her out and I signed my ID back in, I was also shifted to iTunes USA and apparently that is why I am not able to use iTunes. In short it is some regional issue.

I apologize if I was not clear in my query regarding my region. I did not know if it mattered as I thought if one has a Visa credit card, he or she can easily use iTunes store.

I really appreciate your time and effort. Thank you.

Best regards

Ali Aosjah

iTunes stuck at iTune U

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.