Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro Late 2013 Cubase 8 Problems

Hello 🙂

I'm currently running Yosemite on the late 2013 Mac Pro.

I'm having major issues with Cubase 8.

When i select my Virus TI Channel, the whole program crashes. Sometimes it just randomly crashes.

Also, vst2 plugins are really laggy, and i can't figure out the problem, vst3 is fine. happens on 32bit and 64 bit version of cubase.

I tried reinstalling everything (including a clean OSX) but didn't help.

Back on mavericks i also had the VST2 laggy problem, but i had no problems with the virus ti at all.

I can't continue any of my projects now because it's just crashing when selecting the virus ti channel. 😠 (It does in empty projects aswel)

I tried different virus ti drivers, but that doesn't help at all. I know people that are using cubase 8 on yosemite with the virus and they have no problems, so i'm pretty sure it's not because of that.

Sometimes when i'm on skype for example, it freezes. when i quit it and try to reopen it the icon just keeps jumping in the dock. This also happened with chrome and twitter a few times, maybe the problems are connected with eachother? i don't know, just giving as much information as i can, because i really want this fixed. Cubase is showing crashlogs after it crashes but i can't figure out what it means.

Today i saw something in the crashlog about my graphicscard (2x AMD FirePro D300) could this mean something?

Anyone that could help me out here please? cause i've no idea what else to do.

Oh btw, i tried studio one aswel, the VST2 Lag problem is also happening in there.

My setup -

Mac Pro Late 2013

OSX Yosemite

12 GB Ram

Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5

2x AMD FirePro D300

Cubase 8

Virus TI Snow

MOTU 828 MK3 Hybrid

Greets!

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Dec 29, 2014 3:02 PM

There are no replies.

Mac Pro Late 2013 Cubase 8 Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.