Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I erased one calendar from iCloud by mistake... now its gone from all devices! How to restore?

I erased one calendar (I use differents -work, family, urgent...-) from my iPad... Not its gone from all my devices (iPhone, Mac).

I have a Backup of my iPhone stored on iCloud from 20h ago.... should work but no idea how to do it and I'm scared to loose that one too if I do it wrong.

Thnks!!!!

Posted on Dec 29, 2014 4:09 PM

1 reply

Dec 29, 2014 4:20 PM in response to syrjames

Welcome to the Apple Community.

To restore from a back up made through iTunes, follow these instructions.

Apple state that calendars are not included in your back up, but there has been some instances of reports that contradict this, so you may want to try the following (with no promise of success)

The difficulty in restoring iCloud data from a back up is that the back up is older than the current version on iCloud and anything that is restored gets removed again when an iCloud sync occurs.

1. Ensure the device is connected to your local network.
  2. Start the restore from iCloud back up.
  3. Allow the devices settings to restore (watch for the confirmation of completion).
  4. As the apps begin to restore pull the connection to your router WAN port (the one that goes to the telephone point).
  5. Wait for the time out confirmation.
  6. Navigate to settings > iCloud and turn off calendar syncing (keep calendars when prompted).
  7. Reconnect the router to the internet and let the restore process complete.
  8. Delete any iCloud calendars from iCloud.com on a computer.
  9. Navigate to settings > iCloud and turn on calendar syncing (merge calendars when prompted).

May I suggest that you carry out a back up to iTunes before you try anything, that way should things become even worse, you can at least restore back to where you are now.

I erased one calendar from iCloud by mistake... now its gone from all devices! How to restore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.