Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Too many pictures

So i just recently synced my new iPhone 6 with my iTunes to get all of my pictures using iPhoto. Now all the pictures are on my phone but half of them have been duplicated and almost 1000 pictures I deleted from my old phone have been put onto my new phone. This wouldn't be that big of a deal but my new phone will not allow me to delete these pictures!! Please help!!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 29, 2014 4:25 PM

1 reply

Dec 29, 2014 4:32 PM in response to livwund14

Photos, that have been synced to your iPhone using iTunes Photo Sync cannot be deleted directly from the iPhone. You delete them by syncing the photos again, but deselecting the albums and events in iTunes. All items you deselect will be removed, when you sync again.

See this link:

Syncing photos using iTunes

To delete synced photos and videos from your device

• In iTunes, click the Device button in the upper right corner. (If viewing the iTunes Store, click the Library button in the upper-right corner first.)
  • Click the Photos tab in the resulting window.
  • Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections you want to delete.
  • Note: To delete all synced photos, deselect "Sync Photos from" and, when asked, click "Remove photos."
  • Click Apply.

Too many pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.