Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes wifi sync not working

I have iTunes 12 installed on my win7 computer. iTunes works fine and Im able to access the iTunes store. my apple devices sync fine to iTunes via the usb cable. However, Im unable to get any of my devices to sync over wifi - even after following the instructions and setting up wifi sync on iTunes.

I have run the diagnostics on iTunes and notice that it does fail the "Secure link to iTunes store failed" test - this in spite of the fact that I can in fact access the iTunes store quite fine from the pc. I have confirmed that there is an inbound windows firewall rule allowing access to iTunes. I have also tried disabling my antivirus (avg) to no effect.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 30, 2014 1:17 AM

3 replies

Dec 31, 2014 8:35 AM in response to jayvantfromjohannesburg

Hi, jayvantfromjohannesburg.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are unable to Wi-Fi sync with iTunes. I also see you have tried some troubleshooting steps and they did not help. I would start with the section labeled Restart your network router and go through the remainder of the steps in the article below.

iTunes 10.5 and later: Troubleshooting iTunes Wi-Fi syncing

http://support.apple.com/en-us/TS4062

Cheers,

Jason H.

Jan 2, 2015 3:42 AM in response to jason269

HI Jason

I have tried all the suggestions mentioned in the link you mention - bar from trying to sync on another wifi - I dont have access to another wifi network with an itunes library.

I have a netgear N300 router - I dont see any specific guidance on netgear website for this problem.

Any other suggestions or diagnostic questions. I am able to stream content from this same pc to my xbox and other devices so there isnt a problem with remote devices accessing my PC.

are there perhaps more detailed diagnostic programs I can run to try and pinpoint the problem?

Regards,
Jayvant

itunes wifi sync not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.