Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbookpro6,2 mid 2010 gpu panics and customer service

Hi,

I have this problem with my macbook pro: MacBook Pro 15" Mid 2010 owners

The program mentioned ended 30 days ago so Apple and the norwegian "Eplehuset" refuses to fix my macbook even though it's a factory defect from Apple. I sent it in the 18th december, but I've had the problem for a long time.

I don't think I have the law on my side, but it's a factory defect and I will not pay to get it done.

Have anyone been in the same situation as me? Any tips?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010)

Posted on Dec 30, 2014 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2015 3:22 PM

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem since the Mavericks upgrade. Since March 2014 on the phone, mail, chat and doing whatever the "advisors" and "senior advisors" tell me, but nothing helps. Ofcourse not, it's a factory defect. The last answer was that they cannot do anything about it, because the program ended. That's good marketing for Apple. Yes, it's our fault. But, no. Not anymore after 3 years.

I think it's reasonable that my MacBook Pro 15" mid-2010 built could last a few more years, even my Dell does. And I think it's reasonable that IF everyone agrees it's a malfunctioning GPU chip since its assembling, that Apple would pay the replacement.

They tell me it's an old MacBook, the replacement program is a gesture of goodwill, and all such crap. It apparently is not my fault it's malfunctioning.

So any tips? No, but yes. But no, but yes. Don't buy goodlooking malware.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2015 3:22 PM in response to mariannegoin

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem since the Mavericks upgrade. Since March 2014 on the phone, mail, chat and doing whatever the "advisors" and "senior advisors" tell me, but nothing helps. Ofcourse not, it's a factory defect. The last answer was that they cannot do anything about it, because the program ended. That's good marketing for Apple. Yes, it's our fault. But, no. Not anymore after 3 years.

I think it's reasonable that my MacBook Pro 15" mid-2010 built could last a few more years, even my Dell does. And I think it's reasonable that IF everyone agrees it's a malfunctioning GPU chip since its assembling, that Apple would pay the replacement.

They tell me it's an old MacBook, the replacement program is a gesture of goodwill, and all such crap. It apparently is not my fault it's malfunctioning.

So any tips? No, but yes. But no, but yes. Don't buy goodlooking malware.

Jan 9, 2015 3:42 AM in response to morris_mcredbeard

Exactly the same here, since Mavericks, constant GPU kernel panics.

Called Apple Netherlands and was sent away with the same crap.

The repair costs will be up to ca 500 euro, which is ridiculous. I could buy a new pc for that amount of money, even a Dell. If Apple thinks this is the way they will ever sell a machine to me, they are so wrong. I have a lot of Apple stuff and never needed any service, that's why I like Apple so much. But not anymore, shame on you Apple!!

Sorry I don't have any tips, i'm just angry.

Mar 21, 2015 7:54 AM in response to mariannegoin

Well, it just started Dec. 2014 when updating to the newest OS. The GPU panics, loaded the GPU control software and when using Graphics or Filemaker Pro, the N. graphics processor kicks in and from that moment I am on edge for I can expect a crash at any moment. When in the integrated GPU mode, it seems to work fine. So the computer is past the 3 year warranty and I can't keep working this way, should I get it fixed or replace it with another Apple? I like the computer and OS, but was planning on buying another computer just yet.

macbookpro6,2 mid 2010 gpu panics and customer service

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.