Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems getting mail

i am having problems getting my gmail via the mail icon. i get a message that says the imap server is not responding. does anyone know how to resolve? i have a macbook pro OS X Yosemite 10.10.1

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), iOS 8

Posted on Dec 30, 2014 9:17 AM

2 replies

Jan 1, 2015 10:06 AM in response to kardenlodge

@kardenlodge

Open Mail.app, and on the menu bar, choose Window and click Connection Doctor. On the following window, look at any of the lines that start with a red dot. One will probably be Gmail-IMAP or something similar. To the right will be an error message, what does it say? Is it an issue with a username/password? Or does it mention that some of the settings are wrong?

Apple keeps a log of common Email Service Providers and their settings. You can cross-reference the settings on your machine with the known good settings found here.

If it's a username/password issue, make sure you can still log into Gmail's webmail to verify you're using the correct username/password combination. By double-clicking the erroneous line in Mail Connection Doctor, it'll take you to the pane where you can input the correct password if necessary.

Hope this helps!

problems getting mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.