Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Control Center

Why can't iPhone users switch between mute and rotation lock in the Control Center? I feel like that would be a nice feature.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 30, 2014 11:06 AM

9 replies

Dec 30, 2014 11:16 AM in response to Danielson2112

Danielson2112 wrote:

What I'm asking is for the ability to make the side switch turn rotation lock on and off and for control center to contain the ability to mute and unmute

I'm guessing here, but you must use the rotation lock more often than mute? That is why you would like to have the physical button control rotation lock? You hardly use mute, so you would not care that is requires more action to activate/deactivate?

Dec 30, 2014 11:47 AM in response to Danielson2112

As stated earlier, that is not an option. Sometimes, cases such as the Lifeproof and at times the Otterbox are rather tight, and are not always within tolerances. When that is the case, they can apply pressure against the switch, causing it to activate or deactivate. I would try dealing with Lifeproof on this. They are generally very cooperative regarding issues with their cases.

Dec 30, 2014 11:47 AM in response to Danielson2112

Danielson2112 wrote:

Actually that's not the case. I have a Lifeproof for my phone, and I believe something is wrong with it because my mute switch turns off at random. I'm working on the problems from that end, but for the time being I wanted to see if I could set the side switch to rotation lock because that is less of a problem if it turns on and off.

The issue is with your lifeproof case, which causes your phone to go to mute.

I have a mophie juice case and something my phone will switch to mute even though the level is up for ringer.

When I remove the case I see on that the control is down for mute.

iPhone Control Center

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.