Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect / associate my new iPhone 6 with my iPad 2

I've just upgraded to the iPhone6 and I can no longer send txt messages via my iPad, so I thought I would need to re-connect / associate the two devices. My iPhone is now asking "enter the code shown on your iPad to allow iPhone text messages to also be sent and received on 'my pad'" - my iPad is not showing any code?? & I can send iMssgs, I want to go back to being able to send non-iMssgs also - what am I missing? Thank you.

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 30, 2014 12:15 PM

1 reply

Dec 31, 2014 1:23 PM in response to trudi7979

Hi trudi7979,

I'm sorry to hear you are having message issues on your devices. From your description, it sounds like it may be a setup issue with the SMS function of Continuity under iOS 8. If so, you may want to verify the following settings:

To use Continuity for SMS and MMS with your iPhone and your Mac, iPad or iPod touch

• Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch need to use iOS 8.1, and your Mac needs to use OS X Yosemite.
  • Sign in to iMessage on your iPhone, your other iOS devices, and your Mac using the same Apple ID.
  • On your iPhone:
    1. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > You Can Be Reached By, and add a check to both your phone number and email address.
    2. Go to Messages > Text Message Forwarding, and enable the device(s) you would like to forward messages to.
  • Your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch will display a code. Enter this code on your iPhone to verify the SMS feature.

Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac using Continuity - Apple Support

If you continue to have issues, you may also find the troubleshooting steps in this article helpful:

Get help using Continuity with iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

How do I connect / associate my new iPhone 6 with my iPad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.