Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPod won't sync because of iCloud

Have a brand new iPod Touch that will not sync up with my iTunes library because it says that the music is available in iCloud. It downloaded all of the song titles but not the actual songs. How do I get it to Sync normally so that my music is available everywhere on the iPod?

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 30, 2014 3:22 PM

3 replies

Dec 31, 2014 1:24 AM in response to IhateApple975

First go to Settings>iTunes and App store and turn off Show All. That way only songs actually on the iPod will show in the Music app

What exactly happens when you try to sync?

Does iTunes see the iPod?

Was the iPod previous synced to another iTunes library/computer?

Have you successfully synced from this iTunes library/computer before?

If so have you done anything like update iTunes on the computer since it last successfully synced?

Do the songs play in iTunes?

Does any media now sync to the iPod?

Do you have the right boxes checked to sync?

iTunes: Syncing media content to iOS devices and iPod

Try syncing using the manual method

Managing content manually on iPhone, iPad, and iPod

Mar 1, 2015 8:02 PM in response to IhateApple975

To anyone who just bought a new IPod 2015 I spent 6 hours and almost ready to drive to the nearest Apple store because ICloud wouldn't recognize my kids Apple ID's and they couldn't access ITunes. 6 hours later. It was a simple fix. Go to Settings….Click iTunes/Apps……middle of screen under downloads switch every button to green(on) for pictures, music, etc…… Any questions about this please let me know. It would have saved me hours.

New iPod won't sync because of iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.