Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FAMILY SHARING WITHOUT CREDIT CARD

I have SEVERAL apple devices and I am trying to set up Family sharing. I have 2 small children that I do not want on my icloud id- I am being prompted to add a credit card to prove I'm an adult but I do not have a credit card and I do not want one! I do keep my debit card on file for purchases but I would like to set this option up considering I now own 3 iphones, 2 ipad minis, and 4 ipods.. I want them to be under their owner so I can restrict them. IS THIS POSSIBLE??? OR AM I BETTER OFF SELLING MY ELECTRONICS???

family sharing

Posted on Dec 30, 2014 12:58 PM

7 replies

Dec 30, 2014 2:00 PM in response to busychic2004

You have to set it up with a card to prove you're an adult yes. You could always get one of those prepaid Visa cards if you're worried (if you're in the UK, Tesco has them). Once you've setup - turn on 'Ask to Buy' for your kids. If they want anything, even if it's free, you get a push notification on your device. You can approve or deny it - that should put your mind at rest on what's going on on your credit/debit/prepaid card.

Hope this helps 😉

Also, I know the setup says credit card, but it'll accept debit/prepaid or whatever.

Dec 30, 2014 4:44 PM in response to busychic2004

You can't use a pre-paid card. You must use an actual credit card. A pre-paid card does not serve as acceptable legal identification, which is required to set up family sharing and give consent for minor children to access online services. If you don't have an actual credit card, you can't set up family sharing. Without it, it is illegal for children under 13 to access online services.

FAMILY SHARING WITHOUT CREDIT CARD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.