Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't add second gmail account to mac

I just created a second gmail account. I have another gmail account that is already connected to mail on both my Macbook Air and my iPhone. I easily set up my new account on my phone but it will not set up on my Mac. I keep getting the error "unable to verify account name or password" I am putting in the same info that I used on my iPhone. PLease help. THanks!

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 30, 2014 5:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2015 12:34 PM

I was having this problem as well. What worked for me: Mail > Add Account > and then instead of clicking "Gmail" click "Add Other Mail Account," and then continue to add your account info.

I hope that helps!

7 replies

Jan 1, 2015 7:12 AM in response to edaerr

Hello edaerr,

The article linked below provides a lot of great troubleshooting tips, including one specifically for Gmail, which may help you resolve the issue setting up that specific email account in Mail on your Mac

OS X Mail: Troubleshooting sending and receiving email messages - Apple Support

Here are some email service provider web tools for reactivating an email account or resetting a password:

Make sure you update your settings in Mail if you change your password.

Ciao,

-Jason

Feb 9, 2015 7:44 PM in response to Jason L

I am having the same problem and cannot get this resolved. I added an extra gmail account to my primary gmail account, it's in my gmail account dashboard along with a couple of other email addresses. They were all working at one point.

But when I go to add it to mac mail settings, I keep getting the message about not being able to verify username or password and this is the only one that won't verify.

Any idea on what the problem is?

Thanks.

can't add second gmail account to mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.