Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

While streaming from video apps and listening on a Bluetooth headset I see a message overlaying the video that says: "AirPlay This video is being played on Hesh 2 wireless.

While streaming from video apps and listening on a Bluetooth headset I see a message overlaying the video that says: "AirPlay This video is being played on Hesh 2 wireless. Is there any way to turn off the message. It happens on my children's Watch Disney apps as well as FoxSports but not HBOGo or the built in Video app.

any way to turn this off?

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 30, 2014 3:49 PM

2 replies

Jan 1, 2015 6:48 AM in response to Dano001

Hello GLR3,

It sounds like you are AirPlaying to a device or Apple TV. To turn that off, swipe up on your iPad to bring up Control Center and tap the AirPlay icon that will be on the right and above the short cut to the Camera. Once you tap the AirPlay icon you will get a list of things you can AirPlay to and you will want to tap iPad. Take a look at the article below for more information.

Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT4437

Let me know if this helps or if you need further assistance,

-Norm G.

Jan 1, 2015 7:37 AM in response to norm123

Hi Norm, when I bring up the control center the only thing over the camera is the brightness. We are using an iPad and an iPad mini and the link you provide is for an iPhone. We're actually just using the Watch Disney app. When the Bluetooth headset is enable it shows the Airplay caption. If we just use the built-in speakers or a wired headset we don't have that issue. Please let me know if you have any further suggestions. Thanks for your help!

While streaming from video apps and listening on a Bluetooth headset I see a message overlaying the video that says: "AirPlay This video is being played on Hesh 2 wireless.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.