Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with iCloud and Apple ID

my boyfriend reset his phone to factory settings, now whilst its doing its restore from iCloud, i went to put my apple ID in so he could music on his phone, as i have tried to do this a notification came up and said.

This device is already associated with an apple ID, you can only download past purchases on this device with just one apple ID every 90 days. you can't associate this device with a different apple ID for 89 days.

how do i fix this when just a couple days before this i had downloaded music onto his phone with a different apple ID?

Posted on Dec 30, 2014 3:44 PM

1 reply

Jan 1, 2015 6:35 AM in response to Cassieshake

Hello Cassieshake,

Because you have previously downloaded content to the device with another Apple ID just a few days ago, you cannot then associate the device with a different Apple ID for another 90 days, just as the error message states.

Once a device or computer is associated with your Apple ID for your iTunes Store account, you cannot associate that device or computer with another Apple ID for 90 days. Learn more about associating a device or computer to your Apple ID.

Set up your Apple ID for iCloud and iTunes - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Alex H.

Problem with iCloud and Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.