Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 2 not recognized in TV and MacBook Pro 2011

My ATV2 is flashing the white light and it doesn't connect both on my tv and mbp2011. When I tried opening in the tv, it will only flash the apple logo then it will not detect the ATV2 using HDMI. Then I tried connecting in my mbp, still it doesn't recognize. I've tried doing the menu + play and menu + down, home sharing, and changing the micro USB, but still with no progress. I just want to restore to the factory settings. There is no warranty left but if I will go to apple service center, will they be able to restore it for free?

Usually it is working smoothly, but after I messed up using "terminal" via IP address commanding it as "reboot", my AT2 keeps on blinking and it won't be recognized both on the tv and the laptop.

I hope someone could help me before I will go to the apple service and probably cash up some unnecessary expenses.

Thank you for your assistance and have a Blessed New Year ahead!

AppleTV 2

Posted on Dec 30, 2014 9:14 PM

1 reply

Jan 1, 2015 8:09 AM in response to rydots

Hello rydots,

To troubleshoot this issue where your Apple TV doesn't appear in iTunes for you to restore, please see the information outlined below.

When attempting to restore your Apple TV in iTunes, you may see the following:

• Apple TV doesn't appear in iTunes
  • An alert appears indicating Restore Error 1611 or Restore Error 1603

Some micro-USB cables that are bundled with products or accessories may only support charging those products (and not transmitting data) or they may work only with the product with which they were sold. Using one of these cables to restore your Apple TV may cause the issues above.

To resolve these issues, please try these basic restore steps first. If the issue persists, continue with the following advanced troubleshooting steps.

1. Temporarily disconnect any unnecessary USB devices from your computer, leaving only your Apple TV, the micro-USB cable, and a keyboard and mouse, if necessary.
  2. Restart your computer and try to restore again.
  3. If the issue persists, try using a different micro-USB cable if possible. If you don’t have another micro-USB cable, your local Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider can assist you in restoring your Apple TV.

Apple TV: Unable to restore using iTunes - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Alex H.

Apple TV 2 not recognized in TV and MacBook Pro 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.