Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud MAIL OSX verification?

I did the whole double verification thing and I have my iphone all set up but the OSX MAIL app is rejecting my password - I'm presuming I need to verify it somewhere? I'm running an older version of OSX (Tiger) so maybe it's not very evident? Thanks.

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 30, 2014 10:37 PM

2 replies

Jan 1, 2015 8:37 AM in response to Metroxing

Hi Metroxing,

Happy New Year! iCloud is not compatible with OS X Tiger.

System requirements for iCloud - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT4759

To use iCloud, you need at least iOS 5 on iPhone 3GS, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPad, or iPad mini; or at least OS X Lion v10.7.5 on a Mac.

If you don’t meet the minimum system requirements, your data is still protected by two-step verification. However, if you change your Apple ID password while you're signed in to iCloud on devices that don't meet the minimum requirements, you might see these issues.

If you can't sign in to iCloud after you change your Apple ID password - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203055

If you can't sign in to iCloud after you change your Apple ID password

You can use the steps below to resolve the issue.

If you use two-step verification for Apple ID and try to sign in to iCloud with a new password on OS X Mountain Lion or earlier or iOS 6 or earlier, you might be unable to sign in. To resolve this issue, upgrade to the latest version of OS X or iOS using the steps below:

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

Nov 14, 2015 6:47 AM in response to judysings

So what if I have an old MacBook Air that cannot upgrade to a newer OS? I'm stuck on 10.7.5, and it still thinks of the world in MobileMe terms. It doesn't support entering a verification code from my trusted device, because its OS predates verification codes. Obviously I can get my mail on another device, or via the web interface to iCloud, but am I now shut out of using the Mail application forever?

iCloud MAIL OSX verification?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.