Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

it's downloading a part of yosemite then it stop downloading the remainder

hi

i have a macbook pro 13inch mid 2012 version 10.9.5, it has been a week trying to download OSX yosemite but every time it download 2.7gb of 5.1 and stop downloading . I have tried many times to stop downloading and restart but it keeps stoping at 2.7 gb.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Dec 31, 2014 3:20 AM

3 replies

Dec 31, 2014 5:22 PM in response to Eric Root

If you have a partial download that's been sitting around for awhile, I'd delete what portion that it's downloaded which will sit in your Applications folder. It should be called something like, "Install OS X Yosemite." Or you can delete it from LaunchPad.

If you want, at this point, you can try downloading a fresh copy from the App Store.

On that model of MacBook Pro, you still have an Ethernet port. You can use a direct ethernet connection to your modem/router and see if that makes a difference since it's a 5GB+ download. It'll also probably go faster.

Safe Boot is a good option, too, to make sure there aren't any third-party applications getting in the way of the download.

If that still doesn't work and you have an Apple Store nearby, try going in and bumming off their Wi-Fi to totally rule out a network issue. Make a Genius Bar appointment, show up early and try the download, and if it still doesn't work, you'll be just in time to have a Genius take a look.

it's downloading a part of yosemite then it stop downloading the remainder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.