Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5S Problem

hi ,

currently i facing some problem , my iphone disable , please connect to itunes.

after i connect itunes, iphone can't detect by itunes need to unlock device, but my phone show "slide to emergency " or connect to itunes. my phone suddently switch to "switch control mode" sort of accesibility setting.

any solution ?

thank

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Dec 31, 2014 6:22 AM

5 replies

Jan 1, 2015 9:33 AM in response to KIEK ENG LI

Hi Kiek Eng Li,

Welcome to the Support Communities! If your iPhone is disabled, the article below will explain the steps you need to take to erase and restore the device.

Forgot passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/ht1212

Learn what to do if you have forgotten your iOS device passcode, or if your device displays a message saying that it's disabled.

If you enter the wrong passcode into an iOS device six times in a row, you'll be locked out. You'll also see a message that says your device is disabled.

• iPhone is disabled
  • iPad is disabled
  • iPod touch is disabled
User uploaded file

Erase and restore

If you can't remember your passcode, you'll need to erase your device, then use a backup to put your data and settings back on your device.

User uploaded file User uploaded file

Recovery
Mode

Use these steps if you've synced your device with iTunes.

Use these steps if you have an iCloud account and have Find My iPhone turned on. Use recovery mode if you can't sync or connect with iTunes and don't have an iCloud account.

iTunes

If you've synced your device with iTunes, you can restore your device.

1. Connect the device to the computer you normally sync with.
  2. Open iTunes. If iTunes asks you to enter your passcode or asks you to allow access, try another computer that you've synced with. Or use recovery mode. (Click the link to be taken to the steps.)
  3. iTunes will automatically sync your device and create a backup. If it doesn't, sync the device with iTunes.
  4. After the sync is complete, restore your device.

User uploaded file

5. When iOS Setup Assistant asks to set up your device, choose "Restore from iTunes backup."
  6. Select your device in iTunes and choose the most recent backup.

Find My iPhone

If you enabled Find My iPhone through iCloud, you can use it to erase your device.

1. Go to icloud.com/#find.
  2. If prompted, sign in with your iCloud Apple ID.
  3. Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.
  4. Select the device you want to erase.
  5. Click "Erase [device]" to erase your device and its passcode.
  6. Use the Setup Assistant on your device to restore the most recent backup.

Recovery mode

If you've never synced your device with iTunes, or haven't set up Find My iPhone, you'll need to put your device in recovery mode. Then you'll restore your device as new or from a backup.

This will erase the device and its passcode.

1. Disconnect all cables from your device.
  2. Hold down the Sleep/Wake button, then "slide to power off" to turn off your device.
  3. Press and hold the Home button and plug the device into your computer. If your device doesn't turn on automatically, turn it on. Don't release the Home button.
  4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.

User uploaded file

5. If iTunes doesn't open automatically, open it. iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode.
  6. Click OK. Then restore the device.

If your device doesn't go into recovery mode, try steps 1–4 again.

Last Modified:

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

Jan 2, 2015 5:11 AM in response to judysings

HI,

thank for the solution , I think I accidentally hit home button 3times & select to voice over , when I unlock my phone , it turn to be parrelel press home & power button ,to wake my phone, once I slide to unlock passcode page , the voice over function , not allow me to press the passcode ,when I press dedicated first digit , the voice over only read the selection I make , I have not time to hold to allow me press digit of passcode , then the phone lock again , I need press both button instantly to wake up phone while stay in passcode page , & double press second digit passocde & following the rest. After selection have made,appeared passcode wrong ,too many times until iPhone disable. The voice over is main factor cause this device dead , because failed to press passcode as given times! iPhone activated 1min,15& 50 minutes ,even though I press correct passcode in lock screen , still appreared wrong passcode or 0 passcode have enter in voice over setting.i keep press both button wake iPhone & tripple tap home button to cancel the voice over function , but the menu pop up ,but the screen go lock or turn black instantly.

did someone ever happen the senario like this ?

Jan 4, 2015 9:03 PM in response to judysings

Hi Judy,

Is this really happened on iphone after activated the Voice over function in Accessibility function with home button during unlock mode. we need to press both button to wake the iphone after enable this function, & i wake the iphone without a second my iphone goes dark & voice over speak the device unlock , then i hit again the both button instantly wake my device & managed to press home button tripple times instantly & wish can cancel the voice over function , but fail to unable this function. this cause me having the difficult time to press pin number / passcode, while i press first digit only speak the selection i had made, then the screen turn dark again. i need to press both "home & power " button again to wake iphone & hit the button digit twice to make selection of my pin. in this situation, iphone voice over speak no passcode have selection or wrong passcode have make.

i able to restore my iphone as new device, but as lesson i need to know that in future how can really wake my iphone in unlock mode , if accidentally activated the voice over function. this will really helpful for me , if next time having same problem, rather than pairing or connect to itunes to restore my entire devices as new.

thank

Iphone 5S Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.