Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 160Gb ipad will not connect to itunes or my Imac. I get themessage "connected Eject before disconnecting", then straight away i get the message "Ejecting you may now disconnect". have tried all the options to reset the ipod but nothing works. the

My 160Gb ipad will not connect to itunes or my Imac. I get themessage "connected Eject before disconnecting", then straight away i get the message "Ejecting you may now disconnect". have tried all the options to reset the ipod but nothing works.

I have latest version of Itunes and yosemite on the Imac

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Dec 31, 2014 5:31 AM

7 replies

Jan 2, 2015 9:51 AM in response to Community User

I also have this issue. Used to sync OK but doesn't show in iTunes. Is visible in Finder and Disk Utility. Have tried all the usual stuff but still no luck. iPod is recognised on Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 machines and would probably sync but I want to use the up to date iTunes library on the Mini Server and not the versions on those machines. 80GB iPod also not recognised.

Running Yosemite 10.10.2 on a late 2012 Mac Mini Server

Jan 3, 2015 10:44 AM in response to Community User

Hi I had a similar issue with my 160gb Classic

Went through many things with Apple on the phone all to no avail.

Took it to the Genius Bar and managed to get it recognised by iTunes and then restore....but when i plugged it into my MBA or IMac it was not recognised by iTunes and just appeared on the desktop..again.

Given that i am using Yosemite and iTunes 12 and reinstalled iTunes, Apple answer was to do a reinstall on my MBA!

Reluctantly i did this and it worked!!!!!!!!

It was recognised by the ancient iTunes9 before updating to 12 again and it was still recognised....

Just got to reinstall all my music, photos, documents.....at least i have my retro 160Gb iPod Classic to load everything on....

hope this helps

Jan 8, 2015 7:01 AM in response to Community User

I have the same problem in terms of error messages, but I don't have a mac. This problem arose when I installed itunes 12 onto my new Lenovo Yoga Pro 3 with Windows 8. I tried installing an older version (itunes 11) that worked on my old HP laptop but the itunes 11 would not run on my laptop for some reason.

Is this a software bug that Apple will fix with an updated version of itunes so that I can still use my ipod classic 160GB?

My 160Gb ipad will not connect to itunes or my Imac. I get themessage "connected Eject before disconnecting", then straight away i get the message "Ejecting you may now disconnect". have tried all the options to reset the ipod but nothing works. the

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.