Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a Nike sensor and a 6th generation Nano but cannot get them to sync or work? Any suggestions

I need help setting up my Nike Plus sensor with my 6th Generation Nano. Can anyone help?

Posted on Dec 31, 2014 8:33 AM

6 replies

Jan 4, 2015 7:09 AM in response to PCEMG

PCEMG wrote:

Joel,

Many thanks for the response.

This is my understanding but when I try to use the "Run" facility using "Fitness" it just says that it cannot locate a sensor. I have bought the sensor but still no joy. Have I set this up wrong in anyway on the device?

Phil.

You've done it right--on the 6th-gen, the sensor is built into the iPod. If it "cannot locate," you may need a Genius Bar employee to help.

Did you get it used? The only other thing to try would be to go into the general "Settings" menu, reset everything, and then in the "Fitness" choice under "General" (not the top-level "Fitness"), set up your unique parameters (height, weight and preferred units of measure), and reset the Calibration.

Feb 2, 2015 6:46 AM in response to Osaka_Jammer

I've done both. My older iPod needed the dongle. I'll say this about using the 6th gen. withOUT the dongle. It's as accurate as using the dongle if you place the iPod in the same location every time (once it's been calibrated). However if you move it around your body it's wildly inaccurate. I was wearing it on a band around my wrist and then started running with it clipped to my waistband and it was way off and needed re-calibrated. So I guess if you're prone to sometimes having it on your arm, sometimes clipped to you waistband, sometimes clipped to your shirt then I'd go the dongle route. However if you pretty much carry the iPod the same each time you use it the accuracy is just as good.

I have a Nike sensor and a 6th generation Nano but cannot get them to sync or work? Any suggestions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.