Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my Mac Pro wifi won't turn on after sleeping?

When I wake up my Late 2013 Mac Pro from overnight sleep, the wifi is disabled and any attempt to turn it on does not work. Restarting the machine does work. Sleep and power settings are at default and I'm using an older cinema display, but the Mac Pro is also connected to an 27" iMac via Thunderbolt (though, not used). Wifi preferences have also been reset via command line, still no luck. Any thoughts?

Mac Pro (Late 2013), iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Dec 31, 2014 9:13 AM

3 replies

Mar 26, 2015 1:42 PM in response to apixel

I took it in to the Genius Bar and was actually able to stump them! (briefly, hah!) They focused on the login window plist file, but the system wasn't creating a new file as it should have. They were able to see that finder wasn't loading (by trying to force quit) so they kept the computer overnight and hand-replaced the problem file or files. I was not able to find out which files ultimately needed help.

Why won't my Mac Pro wifi won't turn on after sleeping?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.