Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i transfer my libary from my ipod classic onto my new pc

Great joy, I killed my old laptop with out backing up my music. it was all downloaded onto ITunes though. I have just purchased a new laptop and installed I tunes, but can only see my recent purchases. is there any way of recovering all my downloaded music or will I have to start adding it all manually to this pc and back onto ITunes? I have an ipod classic which has my entire library on, so can I import it via that?

Posted on Dec 31, 2014 9:12 AM

3 replies

Jan 1, 2015 10:56 AM in response to 701024329

Greetings 701024329,

From what I can gather from your post it sounds like you need to transfer media from your device to iTunes. I have located an article that provides some guidance in this situations like these. I have linked to it below:

iTunes: Transferring media from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or iPod - Apple Support

You can transfer media using these methods:

Media type Transfer method
Music purchased from the iTunes Store
Music imported from a CD or other source

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

BobbyD

Jan 3, 2015 12:42 AM in response to 701024329

Hi I had the same problem when I had to get another computer I just downloaded Touch Copy software it will transfer all of youre music and movies from youre ipod classic back into youre itunes libary you can do a demo free to see how it works so i did excellent so I payed the $32.00 AUS and have just transfered 3200 songs yippeee it worked so happy !!!

can i transfer my libary from my ipod classic onto my new pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.